Symantec, the developer of the Norton security product line-up, is a well-known name in the security software market. The Norton security and utility products are compatible with a range of devices and operating systems. Moreover, users can select from a number of Norton security products. Some Norton security products are available for single devices, while some are available for up to five to ten devices. For more details, click on norton.com/setup.
Let’s discuss the stepwise process of setting up Norton, free or paid. Learn how to access your Norton product key, download and install Norton setup, and activate the same.
Some software can cause conflict with Norton programs and will not let it work efficiently. Hence, before proceeding with the Norton setup process, you need to ensure that these conflicting programs get removed.
Uninstallation of Conflicting Software on Windows
- Open the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Find the conflicting software and click on it.
- Select the option called Uninstall or Remove.
- Click on Uninstall in the confirmation prompt.
- Restart the computer in the end.
Uninstallation of Conflicting Software on Mac
- Open the Mac Launchpad, press and hold the conflicting program and click on X.
- Make use of the program’s uninstaller for removing it.
- Delete the program and then go to the Trash and remove it from there.
Download, Install Norton Setup and then Activate
- Open the web browser.
- In the new tab, visit www.norton.com/setup.
- Enter the Norton product key.
- You can find it at the cover of the installation disk or in your registered email.
- Download the Norton setup file on the computer.
- Double-click on the Norton setup file.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- Browse the Norton agreement and select the Agree option.
- When the installation is over, launch the Norton program.
- If needed, input the 25-character alphanumeric product key again.
Find Norton Product Key
Norton product key is required for product activation.
From Norton Account
- Open the Norton program.
- Click on the Help tab and select My Norton.
- Or else, visit the Norton account from the browser, and log in.
- Go to the My subscription drop-down.
- Choose the Norton product.
- Note down the Norton product key.
Norton Online Store
In case the Norton setup has been downloaded from the Norton Online Store, then the product key shall be mentioned in the email confirmation.
Installation Disk or Retail Card For offline purchase of Norton, the product key can be found either on the CD cover, or it will be written on the retailer’s card.