In today’s modern world, a majority of users prefer laptops over computers. A laptop is quite convenient as compared to a PC. Besides a laptop’s convenience and it’s endless features, several Windows users report about the No Battery Detected error message on their laptop which says there’s no battery on their laptops. This error message shows up when users click on the battery icon on their Windows laptop’s desktop. There are a couple of reasons that can be responsible for this issue that can be fixed in no time. So if you are affected by this error message on your Windows laptop, then you have come to the right place. Here in this article, I have listed the best and effective methods by which you can resolve this No Battery Detected error message from your Windows laptop. Go through the methods below to sort this issue out in no time.
By power cycling your laptop
It’s best to power cycle your laptop before applying any other method to fix this issue. Power cycling solves the tiniest issues on your Windows laptop. Power cycling has the capability of fixing this error message too, follow the steps below to perform a power cycle on your laptop:
- At first, turn off your laptop by shutting it down.
- Remove the power cable from the charging slot.
- Next, remove the battery of your laptop by sliding the tiny panel inwards under your laptop.
- Now, press the power button and hold on to it for a couple of seconds to drain out the entire power from your laptop.
- After that, leave your laptop untouched for minutes.
- Now, put the battery back into its slot and plug everything back as it was.
- Start your laptop and check if the issue persists.
By enabling the battery in Device Manager
Device Manager controls almost everything on your laptop and battery also comes with it. Device Manager even allows a user to disable the battery manually by disabling its driver. Enabling battery through Device Manager can resolve this issue in no time and follow the steps below to do the same to resolve the issue:
- Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc and click on OK to open up the Device Manager on your laptop.
- After that, find Batteries tab inside the Device Manager tab and expand it.
- After finding the driver, right-click on it to Enable it if it’s disabled.
- Now restart your laptop and check if the issue persists or not.
By checking power adaptors
Power adaptors have a huge effect on how the battery in your laptop works. It is quite essential to check the power adaptor of your laptop from time to time. Sometimes, your laptop’s battery does not get the amount of power it requires from the power adaptor. If you suspect the issue is with the power adaptor, replace it with the new one to resolve the No Battery Detected issue on your laptop.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.